Sunday, June 20, 2010

Here's to my father!

On this Father's Day, I'll share some of the things that my father loved.  Although some of these things "are harmful to the health," he did love them!

My father passed away in 1993 and not a day goes by that I don't think of something he said or something that I would like to tell him.   When I was a child growing up in Brooklyn, most of the fathers went to work in some type of service uniform.

Not my father!  He worked in an office and wore a suit.  My little friends always told me that he looked like Ricky Ricardo!   Possibly it was his hair.  More than likely it was the Spanish!  It was all the more confusing when people would tell me "...you look JUST like your father!"  I would then run to the mirror just to make sure I was still a girl and not turning into Ricky Ricardo!

Here's Ricky!

Here's my father...what do you think?

 Here's me ... do I look like Ricky? ... do I look like Tony?

So...in thinking of Tony...  Happy Father's Day and here's some of his favorites!

CARS!  Although these are not the actual pictures, my father drove a Studebaker, Volvo, and 1969 Mustang Mach I!







He played the saxophone and loved music of all kinds.
As a child, I remember "doing the twist" with daddy!



He also loved Soupy Sales.  We would watch together and do the Mouse!


I was the coolest kid when I got this album for a birthday and when my father brought us to see A Hard Day's Night at the movies.



Of course he loved Puerto Rico ...who doesn't?
(Once he brought me home a manual typewriter that he won at a conference in P.R.!)


...bad, bad, bad!

He also loved "quality" - He had Hartman attache cases...lots of them!

...and of course the "Amazins"



...thinking of daddy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment