Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Expresso as a means of expression!

I've been off for a few days...but not really!  My "uber session" is going strong, so I decided to take a couple of days off from blogging to "devote to my students!"

Today I started thinking about all of the ways I have tried to make our house less formal...

The house plans called for a Butler's Pantry. 

I had never seen one in a newer home but remembered all of the cool historic sites I had visited that had a Butler's Pantry adjacent to a kitchen or dining room.

In most cases, a Butler's Pantry is a place to store the "good china" and the crystal.

Although I have the "real stuff" in terms of china, I opted not to display it in the Butler's Pantry.  This lead me to my quest for collecting Expresso sets!  I always remember my grandmother making the "demitasse" or Expresso on Sundays.  She would let me have a taste...even with the Sambuca!

Now, after six years--our Butler's Pantry is filled with quirky sets!  Some are traditional and others are colorful and interesting.  I mixed the sets in with a few teapots (even though I don't use the Expresso cups with tea). 

This simple set is from Italy and is glazed in the colors of the pantry...black, white, and gray.  
It's the only one I have that came with dessert plates!

Circus animals...very whimsical, don't you think?!

The cups sit on an asymmetrical saucer!  I love the matte glaze on this set.


Expresso and favorite dresses!  

 Coffee shop chic paired with a traditional tea pot!

These always remind me of a cruise!

...not your typical SB Expresso cups, but the red and white complement the colors in the pantry.


Anyone who really knows me would expect me to have these...FAVORITE PURSES... do I see a kate?


I found this set years after the Christmas when I received this cool teapot as a gift from my mother-in-law.  Although not exact, I think that the cups match!


...thinking of Expresso as a means of expression!



0 comments:

Post a Comment