Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pictures to soothe in the aftermath of the flood...

Today my thoughts are with all of the business owners, musicians, and downtown dwellers as they sift through the mud and water in the aftermath of the storms and flooding.

I'd like to share some photos I took in April...when the showers promised spring.

I always save the digital pictures and then, in the dead of winter, revisit them using Photoshop as a prelude to warm weather and spring.

The most interesting digital photos are those where I zoom in on a particular piece of the "whole."  Those are my favorites!

Sometimes I just print the pictures, frame them, and sit them here and there on tables or shelves.  I have several of a favorite tree taken through four seasons.  I also use some as desktop wallpaper, in web design, and in coursework.  Here are a few shots that I plan to frame and use in decorating:

 















As the water resides, I'm thinking of the calm that hopefully will follow.  The Mother Church is safe, the Honky Tonks are still open, and the symphony will keep playing somewhere...


0 comments:

Post a Comment