Saturday, May 15, 2010

...working from home!

As a university professor it is always necessary to work at home on projects, writing, and coursework. 

As a university professor who designs online courses and who also teaches online, it becomes essential to create work spaces that are conducive to...working!

For me (...with my very short attention span...) this means that I have to have multiple spaces where comfortable desks, chairs, music, and "scenery" are present.

By doing so, it makes working for long hours on a computer easier and also helps to break up the hours that are spent working from home. 

Essentials: Furniture that lends to the task at hand, comfortable chairs for the long hours, and additional pieces for interest!

I'll be sharing some of my favorite work spaces over the next few days.  Here's the first!

I know I talked previously about old pieces that I purchased at art crawls and antique malls.  This is one of my favorites!  

I converted this side table into a workspace that sits in our screened in porch.  The "desk" is worn and the wood is smooth.  The old can chair is comfortable and "broken in."  This is a great space for working on cool nights when deadlines must be met!  



Check out the worn top...it makes one wonder who used the "desk" previously!

I use the pottery cork holder as a table top cork board!


...thinking of creating comfortable work spaces...Have a wonderful Saturday!









0 comments:

Post a Comment