Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday workspace!

Today's work space is located in our formal living room.  I don't often work there because the window is open the light is typically very strong making a "sun-like" glare on my computer screen.

The table is really a dining room table that folds up to a narrow desk-like piece.

The chairs match our dining room chairs and serve as "extras" for guests.  The smooth wood and soft lighting make this a great work space for early evenings.

I like looking out on the common areas in our neighborhood, which gives more depth to our bungalow-like set up with courtyard and seclusion.

The "table-desk" has a narrow draw in the front where I keep interesting writing cards ... that I never use because I rarely handwrite notes!  But, I pick them up when traveling and they remind me of places we've been.

A lamp with bone globes and a piece of hand-thrown pottery add to the serenity of this work space!



My husband threw this piece.  He rolled a design and left the clay body (no glaze)for added interest.





Another great space to work for the end of the week!

...off to grade electronically!


0 comments:

Post a Comment